WANTED: MUSICIANS FOR NEW OORKAAN CONCERT
Every year Oorkaan invites a new (theater) maker to create a ”touring light” production with two musicians that can play on location. If the weather is dry and not too cold, the production should be able to play outside in parks and festivals and on small stages where there is no blackout, such as in churches, libraries, gymnasiums, etc. The theatrical resources (costumes, props, fold-out set pieces) must fit into two large rolling suitcases.
For this performance, we are looking for jazz musicians or an existing jazz duo .
Wieger Meulenbroek (2000) is the director of “In de Wijk – 2024. He graduated as a director from the Toneelacademie in Maastricht last year. He creates performances about struggling beings, tragicomic balancing on the edge of hope and despair. Absurdism and humor ease the pain of being human, leaving you touched and entertained. In addition to his studies as a theater director, he is a self-taught multi-instrumentalist and composer.
We are looking for:
Musicians or an existing duo with the following criteria:
- You are a jazz musician, can play composed music as well as good improvisation and want to explore different ways of performing.
- You are a jazz musician who plays a movable instrument.
- You get joy from going out of your comfort zone: acting both musically and also physically.
- You have received conservatory training or have professional experience in performing music.
Would you like to audition?
If so, please email no later than Jan. 12, 2024 to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following content:
- A resume that clearly shows your musical career.
- A short motivation in the form of a video of up to 2 minutes or a cover letter of up to one A4.
- One or more links to a YouTube video in which you play music.
Assignment for audition
During the audition you must perform a piece of music of max 2 minutes (from memory / by heart) and will have a short working session together with Wieger.
The auditions are in Amsterdam on Jan. 17 (morning), Jan. 18 (afternoon) and Jan. 19 (morning).
There will be +- 3 rehearsal weeks which will take place in April and June 2024.
Tour from June 2024.
For questions, please contact Lars van der Meer, production manager: email@example.com
Photo Wieger Meulenbroek: Ies Kaczmarek